Skip to main content

2018 – the Year of Lost and Seeking the Courage Within to be Found


It is the year when breathing became a conscious act. It is the year in which one July evening I failed to feel my body for more than 30 minutes. In those minutes, the knowledge of my existence was terrifying. It was then that I knew I had to slow down, I didn’t know how to. I like the rush, you see, the rush of waking up to something new every day. Monotony, I don’t know how to live with that. Eventually, I got bored of staying in bed on days when I couldn’t get up.

It is the year when I began seeing my life in terms of 365 days. Before 2018, a new year only meant writing the wrong date for at least one month. This year, however, has been about having symptoms of depersonalisation and derealisation, anxiety attacks, and shattered emotional and mental strength. It has been about accepting that things aren’t okay within.

It is the year of losing people, relationships, and self. It has been about feeling empty and not being okay with it. It has been about drowning in a sea of terrifying hollowness and constantly struggling to feel something like love and empathy. It has been about being helpless with a lot of concern and care for people who matter and have been lost in the process. It has been about desolation. It has been about losing the overly ambitious self entirely to give rise to patience.

It is the year of letting go of responsibility of things out of my control. It has been about knowing that I can do everything in my power to set things right but things can go terribly wrong. It has been about realizing that a plan without a system to work with is bound to go haywire. It has been about accepting that my ambitions need guidance and forces beyond my will.  It has been about making conscious efforts to survive one day at a time, with purposes cut down for a few minutes and then hours.

It is the year when faith made a comeback. It has been about trying to stay calm and letting grief take a toll. It has been about taking a back seat to watch my beliefs and principles fall apart. It has been about trying not to give in to the urge to make things happen. It has been about slowing down tremendously, giving up on trying to prove myself to the world, and letting faith in cosmos take the driver’s seat in my ride without a sharply-cut destination.

It is the year when healing became more important than moving on. It has been about convincing the self that life doesn’t end at 24, there are more years to come. It has been about shutting everyone out and discovering the path to self-healing. It has been about rebuilding the lost strength. It has been about carefully trying to believe that things will take a turn up now that I have reached the lowest low in my life so far.

It is the year when exhaustion was the only constant. It has been about finding the former self in crumbles, waiting to be put together again, and rising up alone. It has been about being grateful to everyone who listened and realizing that sharing isn’t an act that helps me grow. It has been about discovering that I seek no solution outside, but talking helps process my thoughts. 

It is the year when I was destroyed in ways I hadn’t imagined. It has been about making ‘rising from ashes’ more than just a cool phrase. It has been about knowing the difference between instinct and wishful thinking. It has been about taking long pauses. It has been about waiting without ceasing to live each day. 

2018 is the year when breathing became a conscious act. It has been about letting go of the need to make people stay. It has been about trying to let go of the fear of abandonment and the feeling of being not good enough. It has been about taking the power away from words and balancing actions and words without being blind. It has been about being lost and seeking the courage within to be found.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply