Skip to main content

I Love Magic! :D

On 16th morning, I booked my tickets for the First Day First Show of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them at Prasads, Large Screen (IMAX, Hyderabad). And since then I haven’t been calm. No, not even as I am writing this. I was almost sure that my yearslong dream won’t come true as my internal exams were scheduled for 18th November. But a last minute postponement gave me the idea that, I was so meant to watch the very first show of the movie!


Unlike the other days, this morning I was wide awake by 7AM and was shouting, It’s Harry Potter day, It’s Fantastic Beasts day! The day finally came when I could watch the prequel to the Harry Potter series (if not the HP series) on the large screen instead of renting the pirated CDs or waiting for my brother to get the original DVDs. It was supposed to be THE BIG DAY. So I set my table calendar, clicked its pictures, and shared it on my social media to let the virtual world know how happy I am!

As I met a friend at the theatre, I couldn’t stop but blabber about the movie acting completely unaware of people around us. I clicked pictures with the poster in order to post it online but was met with the dilemma of choosing between making the update and watching the movie. Sadly, the update went online during interval!

So how was Fantastic Beasts, right? When the movie was over I could hear myself say, I LOVE MAGIC, just like Harry says it. A critical voice in my head said, you mean the VFX! I chose to ignore that voice this one time and concentrate on magic. But was it as good as the Harry Potter?

Well, to be honest, aren’t the Harry Potter movies disappointing once you’ve read the books? Go ahead and read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It won’t matter. The book is sort of an encyclopedia to the beast world, which is ironic because of the size of the book. The plot of the movie is new. There is no book or a movie to compare with. As far as Harry Potter is concerned, let’s say,

Different time periods. Different countries. Different characters. A couple of familiar names. Many known spells. Beasts are totally lovable, watch out for Niffler. And a surprisingly un-inventive name for the people who do not know magic. It wouldn’t be fair to make a comparison between the two series. It is Fantastic Beasts 101. 

The acting in the movie is really good. The VFX is spectacular. It is by far the best 3D movie that I have seen. Every time a known spell was uttered I jumped at the familiarity. A tiny moment of Ilvermony versus Hogwarts did make me laugh. New names and Old surnames left me wondering about the connections. For a moment, I did think that it might be quite a boring movie, but well it wasn’t. It set a platform for the movies to follow, with the Dumbledore-Grindelwald plot-line. And this one time, I liked a muggle more than the witches and the wizards. Oh no! Wait. I liked the No-Maj! 


I am super excited and happy definitely because I watched this one movie on the large screen, written by Rowling. I had always wanted to see the HP series in theatres. It was definitely like a dream come true, a dream that had died when Deathly Hallows Part 2 was released. It was also because, I saw First Day First Show for the first time in my life. So don’t blame me if my judgement is biased. My brother rated the movie 3/5. I would definitely give it a 4. Watch it yourself, then tell me about it. 


I definitely LOVE MAGIC (The ROWLING magic). Also, Johnny Depp has some serious I-WON'T-SHOW-MY-FACE issues! Quite interestingly, I wasn't the only one wearing a Harry Potter T-shirt in the theatre. Such Potterheads we are! :P

Hopefully, I can now go back to preparing for my seminar that apparently got preponed. :-/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply