Skip to main content

Let's give it to the Exams!

Exams. I love the preparation leave for exams. The mind is under so much pressure and yet the creative aspects flower the best during this time. The pressure of getting to know the syllabus, of finding the texts online, of making a time table, of failing to study, of being tired of trying to study can be really really frustrating. The mind looks for escapes. The mind conjures all the stagnant creative powers of the entire semester and puts it in one direction, be it a really nice status update, a few sketches, poetry, or even cooking. And trust me, people are in almost always in a disbelief that
you, yes you, actually did any of it.


This evening I was tired of not finding a certain essay online, also I was really frustrated in my attempts to begin the syllabus as five minutes through a text and I was already in the middle of a deep sleep. After tossing myself in the bed for some time, banging my cell phone, throwing the pillows away, making and dropping the idea of going out in the rain, I finally realized that I am hungry and wanted to eat something really really yummy.            
                             
Even though I love everything that I make, I did not want to eat any more of bhindi, jeera aloo, aloo beans etc. You get the idea. I surfed the internet for some evening easy to make snacks but all the recipes had something or the other that I didn’t have in my kitchen. Then I went to the kitchen, grabbed a few basic things just to see what I can come up with. Trust me, half way through the recipe and I still did not have any idea of what might become of it. In fact, the end product was completely different from the roughly imagined dish I had in the beginning. In case you’re wondering what I made then it was Bread Veg Manchurain. It might not be a new dish, or a very common one for the ones who cook on a regular basis. For someone like me, it was a moment of Eureka.

Ingredients:
For the Manchurian balls:
3 brown bread slices
1 cup of boiled and mashed soya chunks
½  onion, finely chopped
½ capsicum, finely chopped
½ cup sprouts
1 tsp coriander powder
Refined oil
Salt, to taste


For the sauce:
Ching’s secret Veg Manchurian Miracle Masala ( :P )


Procedure:
Put the bread slices in water and then drain the water out of them. Mash the bread and add all the other ingredients. Add 1 tsp of oil in the mixture. (Input from a friend). Make small balls from the mashed mixture. Heat a frying pan. Add oil to it according to the way (Deep or shallow fry) you want it to cook. Fry them till the outer surface is golden brown. I did a fry somewhere between the two ways, the balls turned out fine. Take another pan or kadhai. Follow the recipe on the back of the Miracle masala.


Alternatively, you can also fry ginger garlic paste in 2-3tbsp of oil. Add some finely chopped green chillies. Add all kinds of sauce you have at home, Green chilli sauce, Garlic Chilli Sauce, tomato Ketchup, Soy Sauce etc. Add two drops of vinegar. Add the Manchurian balls and sauté it for some time. Do not forget to let me know how it turns out to be because I made it with miracale masala even though this was my original idea. *Lazy person Alert*

My dish turned out to taste really nice. Tell me what dish your mind cooks during this semester exams. Yah, I got pretty excited in discovering that one doesn’t need cornflour to hold the Manchurian balls together. And I made it with BREAD. I wouldn’t have experimented if it weren’t for the preparation leave. One does need to give some credits to exams. Apart from studying, our brain is capable of doing so many different things. Exams are the only time to realize it. Sorry, if the title of this post is misleading.

PS- I would have clicked some pictures had I known I will be writing a blogpost later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply