Skip to main content

Unfixed

“When you try your best, but you don’t succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need…”

She broke down in the middle of the road, managed to drag her body to the pavement by the side. The passersby saw the tears that streamed down her face. And the voice on the other side of the phone said, why do you always need someone to be there for you? She wanted to shout out loud, because I am failing to pull myself together on my own. I am trying. But I can’t. Instead she stayed mum. People had always tagged her brave and strong. People still do. But even the strongest heart has its secrets.


Secrets. Not one. Not two. But a number of them. Piled up against the mask of cheerful laughter and optimism, her secrets were the wounds from childhood to the adulthood. From the emotional torture to the physical exploitation. She wasn’t responsible for what shaped her life, her thoughts. Or maybe she was. Nobody taught her how to deal with the conflict between her parents when she was merely eight. No one told her how to deal with physical abuse when she was twelve. No one taught her how to deal with the ignorance of her lover when she was twenty one. And she lived with the pain, not knowing who to talk to. More importantly, not knowing what to tell.

There used to be a time when no one could see her cry. But the burden of other’s mistakes was so heavy on her life that she cared no more. She lived in denial as long as she could. Preoccupied with the thoughts of loneliness, she now yearned for someone like her. Someone who might understand her need to cry, her need to break down, her need to not put up a strong face for a moment. There are many like her but none for her. People are wounded but they like to vocally publish their own version of self-help book when all one needs is for them to listen.

Things will fall in place. Things will be okay. Someday. Said everybody. She believed, things aren’t even supposed to be okay. The people who left the scars on her soul aren’t even aware of it. And even if they were and felt the need to help, there is nothing they could have done. Because the scars are protected by time. And we haven’t yet discovered a space where time and love could just be dimensions.

“…Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you…” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply