Skip to main content

That High School Romance! ;-)

Love life without a high school romance seems incomplete, to me. Yes, my parents may not approve it but when I come to think of it, I think it is beautiful. Again, love is beautiful I have heard. I am not sure if I can say so for here I still wonder what love is every now and then. When I look back in past to the time when I was fifteen, a soft smile takes over my otherwise gloomy face.

Even if I try, I cannot put myself in the shoes of my younger self. Things that now seem extremely silly, pointless and ‘cheesy’ once made perfect sense. In fact perfection had no other definition. The love songs of Taylor Swift, Akon, Enrique Iglesias, the Backstreet Boys, High School Musical were put on loop in my playlist not ignoring the hindi romantic songs like Tera hone laga hoon, tum mile, bin tere etc. Being the mediator in the then love lives of my friends, I wished for a story of my own.

Trying to set one of my girl friends with one of my closest guy friends formed the base of my high school romance. Yes, perhaps I played a bitch then as she had liked him for quite a long time but in the end we made peace. Given my then theory of love after friendship, he obviously was very close to me and a three day misunderstanding led to a regular 9 o’ clock conversation over phone at night thereafter. Getting to know each other better, knowing our interests, dreams and aspirations, dream dates and trying our best to set each other up with our friends finally made us ‘fall’ for each other. Hands held together in a wintry evening, listening to scary stories in the dark, taking long walks together further finally led to my unconventional proposal on gtalk which seemed more like a command than a choice for him. But anyway, he said yes!

And there I was excited to have my first boyfriend and then I thought the only one in my life. For our love was true, innocent but true nonetheless.  All of a sudden, the word ‘first’ mattered so much; the first touch, the first hug, the first kiss at new year’s eve, the first I love you, the first date, first month anniversary and so much more. In our innocence, numerous mails with a perfectly set collection of romantic lyrics, romantic cards, hearts, hearts and hearts were shared! I never thought I could meet someone so understanding, cute and adorable with similar interests in dance and music, or so I liked to believe.

And no matter how romantic, innocent and cute our story was, it ended. Distance parted us and I messed up. Things weren’t good then; I let myself fall apart for quite a long time. But then as much as high school romances seem important to me, break ups are equally important. I mean, what’s life after all if you haven’t had your heart broken by someone else or by your own self.

More than often I have tried to pen down my story, but never have a succeeded before this. If it took me four long years to get something (that I just had to write someday) out from my head, so then is it surprising that he was after all my first and ONLY boyfriend as of now? Well, we learn, we definitely grow up and realize that there is much more to life than being with our ‘special someone.’ And for some reason the sinking feeling that our high school romance was perhaps an infatuation dawns upon us and we choose to wait without rushing into the world of love again. Because someday we need to love our own self first, get comfortable with the awesome and awful person that we are on the inside before expecting it from someone else.


This might be a post written in nostalgia to some extent, but then probably this silly piece might be after all the end of my writer’s block. :D To everyone who still believes and celebrates love in this one week of February, happy Valentine’s week! For others, whether single, committed or somewhere in between, enjoy every day!

Source- Google

Comments

Pramod said…
I read this quite late. Anyway, I am not against love. Love is the most beautiful flower in the garden of love only. When we try to pluck it up and put it in our drawing room it loses its essence. Let your love be where it is. You will relish it throughout your life.

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply