Skip to main content

Belief!

Anything that you believe in cannot be wrong. It may seem wrong to the people around you but the way you see it, it’s perfect. Even if it is a belief in a fairy tale ending in the 21st century.

Nothing is stamped as universally right or wrong. And if you strongly believe in something, you’re not wrong. People around you may call you stupid and foolish to believe in something that they don’t think is real. But it doesn’t matter. Because you think that they are the ones who are foolish to not believe in the beautiful thing you believe in.

I may not believe in marriages yet but I do believe in love, soul mates. When I say soul mates I do not mean someone you fall in love with and grow old together and remain with each other even in the graves. Who then is a soul mate according to me?  I would take the help of Elizabeth Gilbert’s words which I strongly believe in…

“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. 


A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. 

A soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”
I have always believed that a strong belief or a few beliefs put together can make things happen. It may have been inspired by The Matrix Trilogy but I think it’s true. I do not see Neo being The One had the Orator, Morpheus, Trinity and others not believed in him. Speaking of The One, where would have been Harry Potter without the folks of the wizarding world who put their belief in him, that he is The Chosen One to end it all, fight against the darkest wizard of all times. Yes I am talking on a fictional level. Call it flaunting, but had I not have my own belief to fight and survive; I would probably have been in coma let alone be dead. I may fantasize death all the time but yes I do not want to die this early. People around me were mostly hoping, and praying for me to be back to normal. I believed that I am not going to die at the age of 14! People die all the time, I know. I just couldn’t give up. Not then. Not now. Not yet.

When you believe in something, you think it is perfect. There are incidents that make you change your beliefs but that doesn’t mean any of them were bad. You probably never go back to the earlier belief. But there are times when you realize that your belief stood where you left it. You went for a world trip with all the ups and downs and when you came back home, you found your earlier belief right there welcoming you back. I do not know if it is wise to accept something that you left behind, but if any part of you still believes in it then it is okay.

I always believed in fairy tales as a kid. And then I became a teenager. I went through a hell lot of a beliefs now and then. But now even when I am nearing my twenties, I think I still believe in fairy tales. I do not think there is a prince charming coming to save the damsel in distress. I believe that there is someone who is going to see the spark in your eyes for the things you’re passionate about and of which he has no idea. There is someone out there who is going to respect you, your dreams and aims and love you too. Someone is going to understand that it’s okay to be a cry baby and it’s not a weakness. Someone is going to listen every single word you say and keep up with your mood swings.  There is someone who accepts your past and is ready to face the future with you. Someone is going to make you feel special again, and when he does you know you want to do everything for him that he did for you and probably even more. You know he deserves it. Probably you will end up spending the life time together and even if you don’t you will remain soul mates.

Fairy tale it is. So be it. I believe in it. I do not ask you to believe in my faith, my beliefs, my hopes. Make your own beliefs. A belief can make things happen.

Watching two romantic comedies back to back can also make me write. Analyzing the movies would make me feel that they were crap. I would rather not analyze them this one time but believe in what I saw. Things in real life can be as beautiful as an on screen love story. Every real life romance has a bit of these reel love stories now and then. I know I had one like that. Long time ago. But I had it. There are moments when you realize why you were with someone you were with. Not that you questioned. But you got the answer. I am not going to look back and say What if.. But I know that no matter with whom I am in future, it wouldn’t be the same. Better or worse, but not the same again. Sometimes you’re glad that something happened, of course after mourning a lot about the way they ended.


If you have known me well enough and listened to my ranting of being romantically atheist, emotionally unavailable or damaged, hopeless romantic then I would say that I am probably going back to one of my beliefs which I felt behind a long time ago. For some time at least! Romantic atheism is just hard to get over with. [ :-P]

Image source- Google

Comments

Pramod said…
Your soulmate is somewhere near you. May be you are not able to recognise him/her now. As time passes he will definitely emerge from nowhere to show you your perfect image. Brave girls with such distinctly different thoughts can never be intimidated by life's challenges. May God bless you and guide you.

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply