Skip to main content

As Long As You Love Me...

What annoys me the most about relationships? Or should I quote it as ‘What scares me the most about relationships? “CHANGE” One word!

It seriously gets the hell out of me, when I think of the changes that relationships bring in you; when you commit to be with someone for the rest of your life, or so you think when you plan to commit. Changing into someone you’re not is unimaginable to a person like me. The idea of compromising because sacrificing doesn’t seem the right word to use when you’re in the beginning of something. Sacrifices you use when you break up – “I sacrificed this and that but you never bothered to notice them..blah..blah.. blah.” But when you’re in love it is usually the BSB playing in your head – “I will go anywhere for you…. I will do anything for you.. as long as you love me

Getting a partner who understands and accepts you the way you are is really tough. But what’s tougher is, “If you get this someone, would you understand and accept him in the same way?” We usually want things from people without giving anything. People say it’s a mutual understanding but mostly one always dominates over the other, whatsoever the gender may be.

But the thing is, we are so immersed in the 'so-called' love that we do not even realize when we begin to change, when we start making exceptions for one particular person, when just the presence of that one person changes our dreams and priorities, when every single detail about our life revolves around that special someone. We inform them of every minute detail not because they ask us to but because we want them to be a part of it. We just go with the flow or should I say follow our heart.  And all of it actually makes sense.

I speak as if I am dying but yes for years, I have wondered how do people change and do not even have the realization of changing. How can they not realize that their dreams and aspirations have changed? How can they not know that they were getting along fine with their life and suddenly like a gush of wind someone enters and stays there sometime before finally leaving, eventually changing hell lot of a things for them.

And after all the wondering, I realized that I had the answer all along. It may not necessarily be the unconscious involuntary change. I guess most of the times we are sure of what we are doing. We love someone so much that we are willing to change ourselves for them. They did love us the way we were, they never asked us to change. But we did. Not because we were afraid to lose them but because we wanted to, it was our free will.

The question that one should ask while making these compromises is that, is the person worth it? And honestly no matter how much it is a matter of heart you need to involve your brain eventually.  With all the loving you do, think practically, logically and if then the answer is yes, then why not? Just change if you so much want to. And if the person equally shares your stupidity [it is my synonym for love] then he will pay you back, some way or the other.

They say if it’s not meant for ever then it’s not worth your time. Well I disagree. I am not a believer of one true love or ‘the one’ concept. I do not say that these are wrong. But beliefs vary from person to person. If you love someone today, then stop thinking about the future. Things change. Situations change. And so do people. The wise thing to do is accept the change and move on. Because clinging to something which doesn’t bring out the best in you isn’t a great idea. It kills you from within. You tried. You changed. But it still did not work out. Just let it go. No matter what promises you made. No matter how much he seemed like THE ONE. You think you cannot find anyone better but you will. Not everything is supposed to go right. And believe me, the path involving stupid silly big mistakes are the ones that you’re going to look back and laugh at on your death bed in spite of all the right things you’ve done.


For me it is more like once you have smelled freedom, you cannot survive in a cage. You eventually die struggling because there is no way out. It’s not like I do not understand the idea of love and the will to change eventually. I think it is one the most beautiful things that people in love do, but then sometimes people are too afraid to take chances. Second chances! They ignore all the vital signs of love; they probably would have been in relationship with more than a couple of guys/girls over the time period. But they haven’t.  Because in the end it all comes down to will they be willing to change even a little because no relationship comes without the changes. Someday they realize that they are satisfied by themselves and their life, and then they eventually find someone who again makes life a challenge for them. They fall in love when they are okay with it because if they aren’t fine they wouldn’t accept the love in the first place. 

Source- Google

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh, I am totally indulged in your writing while reading. Lovely thoughts with a beautiful picture.
Thank you so much. I am glad that you liked it. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply