Skip to main content

Ranting of an Injured Soul

It is kind of devastating when a random person walks up to you and speaks the truth you were running away from. How can a person spending most of the time of the day with you not know your insecurities but a stranger gets it. It shatters you. You thought that you had been doing your part well. You thought that no one knows what’s within you but then suddenly out of nowhere a stranger comes and asks you to answer honestly if you’re happy with yourself or not. And no matter how much you laugh in the front your face then shows the truth. You can’t meet their eyes because you’re afraid that the beans will be spilled. Or worse, you may just have an emotional break down or an outburst. Everything that you had kept hidden within you may just be found out. It’s devastating to know that your mask failed you and you did not play it well. Everything you were running away from surrounds you from every single direction leaving no space for you to breathe, to let the sunshine in. It is dark and you do not know what to do. You want to escape may be because you don’t want to face your fears. Escaping is never a solution but it gives you time to think about the dilemma.

Your eyes become the door to your soul. The whole pathway becomes as clear as crystal and anyone can easily hit you on your hot spots or the soft corners where your deepest secrets lie. And no matter how hard you try you can’t stop them. All you can do is not meet their eyes for some time. But again when you can’t look them in the eyes, you give them the surety that you’re having something that you do not want to let go of. It gets worse when they say that it’s like you have been hiding something for a really long time now. Words do not come out of your mouth. But your brain shouts, ‘STOP IT. If you really think that I have been running away from things, if I have been hiding something then let it just lie there the way it has been. You can see I am not the happy go lucky person now. In a couple of minutes you changed everything for me. Why do you have to go on and not stop?”

It is devastating to know that all the layers you had upon you have melted. It feels terrible. When you’re not ready to admit your flaws, someone detached from your body mind and soul speaks up! It pains. And you try to put your mask on again, but you can’t. The bandaged wounds have been exposed. And they hurt; the pain is as severe as that of burning. Maybe worse. It isn’t the physical parts being burnt but the vulnerable emotional ones, where people unintentionally put a lot of ocean salt to worsen the wound. They say that they want to help you, they are not lying. But what they don’t understand is that you’re not ready to accept certain things. Problems are there. And they will pass. Sometimes there is no better solution than to accept your fears and then only you have the capability to face them.


What is worse? You know the solution to the problems but wouldn’t go for it because you’re afraid of losing something or someone really precious in the way. Probably they were not meant to be there forever but you love them so much that a life without them seems unbearable and unimaginable. You would probably be ready to kill the person who hurt them but you wouldn’t speak a word of your own feelings. Because you know that they don’t feel the same way. And the little thing that you share with them will be lost. And you’re not ready to do that to yourself, you’re not ready to let go. You want your wounds to heal but do not realize that you are the only one who is making it deeper. As in it would cut your soul into pieces anytime now. And you do not want to get the bandages and heal. You want the wounds to be exposed like a bare naked rock is to the oceanic waves. You want to get hurt and more hurt every time now. It is a terrible thing you do to your soul and know that it would be dead soon. You would just be left with a body that eats drinks and sleeps.  It would speak some words here and there, feel something here and there but then ultimately there would be nothing left of you! You would be a living dead. You are simply messing up with your own self hurting people who do care for you a lot. You’re self obsessed and wouldn’t care about anyone. You just don’t want to be a part of something you don’t want to face. Your emotions, your feelings are precious. And admitting them in the first place would have been the best thing to do. But you didn’t because you were afraid, scared. They say it is never too late. But sometimes you know that it is late. You can’t do anything to help yourself let alone others. You can’t. But the question is if you knew you could help yourself, would you do it after all this time? May be you’re still afraid to let go.  Or maybe not! It is a matter of choice…!

Source - Google

Comments

Pramod said…
Why are you so pessimistic here? What has gone wrong? Do not forget that life takes the path of a sine wave.It never goes on a straight line. Ups and downs are part of life. If there is day the night will follow and vice versa. Bad times will also end. If the winter is there spring cannot be far behind. Wise people accept both ups and downs and enjoy every bit of both. Nothing is permanent in this creation. Time will change everything. What is important is "Being Yourself". Be positive in every situation. Learn from adversities. I never expected such thoughts from a brave heart like you.Any way expressing yourself must have relaxed you. Now forget what others are telling or thinking about you. They hardly matter. Introspect and try to make your own SWOT analysis. Recognuse yourself. Be yourself and enjoy yourself. God bless you.
There surely is a bit of truth in every drama. Typing it all did make me feel good. And you see, you called me a brave heart. I do not deny it. Like you say, night follows day. Day is also followed by night too. May be the brave heart is tired being the brave heart because it has got a image of that in others. It is okay. I am not that injured. I wrote it as a part of fiction with some reality. it may be a pessimistic post but i guess, each soul suffers from this every now and then. So i thought, why not let it out. Sometimes I do write in general. You need not worry about your dear daughter!

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply