Skip to main content

" I would Die just like Anand "

I have been an ardent Bollywood buff since the early days of childhood. Movies, songs, thumkes have always been my life. ‘I will fight for a movie; I will cry for a movie. It’s over midnight and I have to wake up for school at 5 in the morning but I will not leave the movie in between.’ Ten years or more it has been and nothing has changed; apart from the “type” of Bollywood movies of course. Born in last decade of 90’s I am the girl who loves both the late 20th and early 21st century movies. You get it, I completely love Bollywood and the movies I claim were enchanting in the past. Also, I believe somewhere between the charisma of Rajesh Khanna and Ranbir Kapoor, the charm of the old films is lost in today’s Rowdiness and Dabangg andaaz! Barfi stole my heart though.

I did not really intend to write about my love for the Bollywood but about a Bollywood movie which has been my favorite for years now. I was probably 11 or 12 when I saw Anand for the first time. I wasn’t really a girl who would sit with her family to watch movies which her parents said “Humare zamaane ka” I saw it for the first time and even at that tender age I knew if something ever happens to me then I would die just like Anand. I have been a big fan of Rajesh Khanna since that day and probably this movie was the only reason why I mourned over his death a year ago. I bow to the creators of Anand.

When I talk about the movie with my friends, their eyes wide open stare at me with the hollowness of not knowing even a bit of what I am saying. It always has been disappointing that they are so familiar with “Babumoshai” but have no idea about its origin. It’s like knowing Gabbar Singh but not Sholay. I have always suggested them to go for this movie but I don’t think that they even bothered to Google it.

Every dialog, every expression, every song, the happiness and the pain; every single detail of the movie has inspired me to the core of my soul. Anand has been the inspiration to my life. I guess I have always thought ( If not said ) after my recovery from Leukemia that no matter what the chemotherapy did to me but somewhere in the background it was the fictional character Anand that inspired me to live, laugh and enjoy through the pain. “Har khushi ke peeche khushi ho ye zaruri to nahi Babumoshai, Kabhi kabhi khushi ke peeche gham bhi to…” Anand trails off before completing this statement and still it has meant so much to me in last 6 years. And the song “Zindagi kaisi hai paheli haaye, Kabhi to hasaaye kabhi ye rulaaye” has undoubtedly been my favorite.
inspired me to the core of my soul.

I do not know if people of my age would understand the whole movie, some may some may not. For some it may be three hours of complete crap, I pity them. I may have been a Bollywood fan but I am devoted to this movie. This movie has helped me survive, this movie has inspired me to live, laugh and enjoy. Kal Ho Naa Ho may have been a similar movie but I guess somehow it focuses more on the love triangle than Aman. I haven’t seen another movie like Anand and I guess a character like Anand is almost impossible to find in the real world outside. “Jab tak zinda hoon tab tak mara nahi jab mar gaya saala mai hi nahi.”

If you’re one person who knew me well, you surely did not know this aspect of me. I may/may not have spoken of it. Yes, I do flaunt about surviving Pre B Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia but had Anand survived the Lymphosarcoma of the Intestine, probably it would have been hard for me to fight for a new life. In the busy life of jealousy, insecurity, sorrow, rivalry if someone taught me to live, laugh and love then it was Anand. I would be proud to die like Anand, loving and spreading happiness and of course knowing that every person that I have come to know wants me back, when Yama comes to take my life away.


“Zindagi aur maut to upar waale ke haath me hain Jahanpanah. Use to naa aap badal sakte hain na mai. Hum sab to rangmanch ki kathputliyaan hain. Jinki dor uparwale ki ungliyo se bandhi hai, kab kaun kaise uthega ye koi nahi bata sakta hai. Hahahaha! “

Comments

Pramod said…
I know your attitude towards life and in fact the same has inspired me. Who says experience comes with age? The number of years do not really determine a person's worth. It is the quality of life that one leads for oneself and for others is what matters. I know your liking for Anand. It is a an art superbly created for teaching the masses the real attitude towards life. You picked it up at such a tender age which the majority of people do not realise in a lite time. Anand is an inspiration for everybody.The only absolute truth about life is that nothing is permanent. But we are so ignorant that we never accept this truth till we reach the grave.I am really proud that an enlightened soul has taken birth as my daughter who is all set to show the world the real art of living.
Long live my child.

Popular posts from this blog

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply