Skip to main content

A Diet Plan or A Death Trap???

Unlike all the ‘Food/Beverages’ pages from your FB account.

Block every friend who either uploads the pictures of homemade mouth watering delicacies or simply makes a status update.

Empty your frozen stocks of chocolate/chocolate related products as soon as possible or in fact eat/drink it in one go. [no more Bournevilles :’( ]

Throw away all the cooking oil so that nothing at all can be fried in the kitchen.

Avoid going to vegetable market for you may see carrots which can be injurious for your brain as it instantly pictures “Gaajar ka halwa”

There’s no saying that you can’t go to sweet vendors for the few sweets that you actually like.

Avoid going to your friend’s place for there you may be served samoses, jalebis, burfies etc!

No momos, no Aloo tikkis, no Dahi bhalle or chowmein in the evening.

Your friends now celebrate for they now have to treat one person less on any occasion.

And travelling on the roads of Delhi is strictly banned for you can see KFC, Pizza hut and CCD every now and then and not to forget that you have a deep craving for them.

In short STOP LIVING YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE THE TIME WHICH SEEMS LIKE FOREVER!

These are a few of the umpteen thoughts that have occupied my tiny little brain since last 48hours, since I was given a diet plan because even if I do not suffer from diabetes, my insulin, cholesterol and triglyceride counts have been marginal on the higher side. My sugar level is a bit high but not enough to take doses of insulin as injections. As always doctors suggest PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE. My prevention is to restrict my diet. And just that you know I have this insulin problem because my pancreas has been damaged a bit during my chemotherapy, nothing much!

What was my first thought when the doctor said if you restrict your diet your sugar level would be fine?
Restrict my diet. Yes I can do that. A bit less of this and that. Some addition in fruits and veggies. Yeah, I will be fine. Okay. Five years it has been and now some more trouble. Some day it will stop. For now, let’s flow.

What was my first thought when the dietician prepared my diet chart?
Are you freaking kidding me? Name one freaking person who wakes up at six and goes to bed by 10 in my world? Are you really asking me to follow this plan that you have prepared which seems to me nothing more than bullshit? I suffered from acute pancreatitis and I never went for a bland diet and a freaking increment in my sugar level can’t make me give up my desire of taste in food.

What was my first thought when I was out of the diet clinic with the diet chart in my hand?
The person who invented this freaking diet plan either had his taste buds burnt or did not have them in first place. I curse him more than I cursed the person who invented those complicated formulas of statistics. Every item that I have survived on is under FOODS TO AVOID and now I have eat measuring everything as half cup or full cup or 250gms or 750gms. For God's sake, have mercy I am just Akankshya and not Ram Kapoor.



And a complete NO to fast foods. Occasionally I can visit places but I need to choose wisely, the healthy stuffs. What is healthy in KFC? And what’s not chocolaty in CCD? And what has no cheese in Pizza hut? It's not like I visit these places all the time but I do like to have them as options.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and I realize all I need to do is go to MOUNT KAILASH (after effects of The Shiva Trilogy) and take up sanyas giving up all the moh mayas of this world!

Here I was calling myself an honest, dedicated FOODIE and they took out the FOOD from me. [ :’(]

After losing around 5-6KGs during a recent illness, they say I am having the perfect weight and need to maintain it but they give me a list of food that I wouldn’t go for. And yes I am going to freak out on every single person I meet for the next couple of days/weeks/months because this diet plan seems nothing more than a death trap to me.

It may seem funny but it’s true that I have been freaking out since last 48 hours and I am glad that my mother is not putting the plan into immediate action for I guess she thinks this is probably a bit too much. As for me even while freaking out, there’s this calm part of me which says I have that self control which would make me follow the plan with all honesty. Because I really don’t want those insulin injections which once started would have no full stop. And also I am glad that at least I can have bit of non veg- paneer, chicken etc. Yes dear vegetarians, medically Paneer is a non veg item. Hahaha [ :P ]


But don’t you think the Mount Kailash idea is a nice one? [ :-P ]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply