Skip to main content

Because I fell in love 'AGAIN' ♥


The fact that I have been calling myself a ‘hopeless romantic’ since three years doesn’t change the other fact that I keep falling in love every now and then.  I do not remember who my first love was but I guess it started with Shah Rukh’s romantic movies.

Yes, I am a complete bollywood freak. Since childhood I dreamed of having a super dramatic + romantic love story, like most of the girls do. But then my mom always kept reminding me that life on the idiot box/ big screen is not even near to the real life and that is why people love watching them. It’s an escape from reality. I took my time to realize this.

Dr. Armaan Mallick, the small screen heartthrob of most of the girls, ruled in my dreams for around three years. My parents almost made him their son-in-law seeing my madness. There are many more characters I fall in love with. And even in this respect I couldn’t leave the books behind. Most of the male protagonists of Nicholas Sparks books make you wish to be their female counterpart – Landon Carter, Dawson Cole, Logan Thiboult to name a few. In the beginning of my college days, one of my professors said, “Once a girl reads Pride and Prejudice, she would refuse to forget Mr. Darcy.” I agree after reading the novel twice. Talking of love, Severus Snape is a name that my mind cannot skip. ‘ALWAYS’, a simple six letter word tells you the best story ever.

After falling in love so many times here I am saying to myself, “I fell in love AGAIN.” And this time it’s Harry Burns from the movie When Harry Met Sally. I can’t just get over this person, he is driving me crazy. It’s in me that I take time to get over the book I read or the movie I saw. I keep thinking about him. He seems like a normal person to me and not one of the Bollywood personas who seems unattainable.

 I love it when he speaks without any pause, I love his theories about women which by the way are all true
Harry Burns
Source- Google
and I love it when he offends Sally (women in general) but still makes it impossible to hate him. He is just how normal people are, happy when they’re supposed to be happy and sad when it’s supposed to be that way. I love it when he says “Men and women can’t be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” And my heart skips a beat during his last speech. 

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after i spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

I have no idea who the love of my life is, I vaguely have the idea of what love is. Though I keep cribbing about not having a boyfriend on the outside, on the inner side I do not just want a boy friend but the love of my life who wouldn't let me fall but help me rise in love.


And sometimes there are certain characters in fiction that you can't stop falling in love with.

People may say it's a mere admiration but love sounds more dramatic and effective. ♥

Comments

Anonymous said…
Akankshya thanks for this lovely read ... from SRK movies to rising in love .. everything was so awesome ..
Recalled a past when I had this dialogue impressing my lady love- People fall but I will rise in your love ... Alas, hush a- hush a .. we both fell down :D
now I know love is to fall for good or bad but falling is mandatory !!
I am so glad that you liked this post. And may be falling together in a way is rising together as long as you stick to each other and live every happy and sad moment with each other, celebrating your love :-)
Thank you so much for commenting :D And All the very Best... keep your love alive :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply