Skip to main content

The Kid in me Wants ...


Since last couple of hours I had been desperately trying to write something but what it should be, I couldn’t figure out. Even though I am sick again, I am sick of writing about my sickness. And now I come across this topic because it’s trending on twitter. As soon as I saw #TheKidInMeWants I knew I can write about this.

I have a ‘To-Do’ list since the day I saw the movie ‘A Walk to Remember’, obviously because the book speaks of no such list. Before this, there were things that I wanted to do but never listed them under any list. Once started, now it becomes longer every day. The flexibility of the things to do in that list is decided by me obviously without any second thoughts. In the beginning it was full of serious stuffs, like learning guitar, getting into theatre as an artist etc. Now it’s like anything and everything- bungee jumping, sky diving, traffic signal breaking, dancing in rain without another care in the world, lying on the terrace to watch meteor shower with the friend who is immune to my lame jokes etc. These sound like stuff you do every now and then but when you are a Gradgrind*, it’s not easy.

The day after my birthday was the day when the first thing got struck off from my list, which is, running down the escalator that was going up. I neither did it alone nor in one go. It took a lot of confidence and fast brain work to get down, so I feel. Later when I posted my achievement on Facebook, the first comment was- Someone send Akankshya back to kindergarten. And similar reactions followed. I do not know how many KG people do it thing but I loved doing it. And if I sound crazy speaking as a nineteen year old girl then, Haan haan mai CRAZY hoon.

Probably a week from then I tried Carlesberg beer at an Indiblogger’s meet. I expected it to be a big thing as it also was in my secret wish list but the taste wasn’t really, you know, TASTY! But yes again there was a sense of achievement if not of a kid then that of a teenager. It was fun too, not that I am getting drunk but had to taste it. I don’t think I am spoilt yet because self-control is still a word in my dictionary.

Appearing for the internals without giving a look to the text book is something that I really really wouldn’t do even now but in between ‘even then and even now’ somehow I managed to do it. The best part was that I did not panic, thought that I wrote the best crap related to the text and still got pretty nice marks (2nd highest in the class). All I did throughout the paper was- ask the person sitting beside me to calm down. [:-P]

 A couple of nights ago, when I was with my brother at Select CityWalk Mall, Saket, I got into the fountains just to click a photo because I thought the ‘normal’ me wouldn’t do it. And I actually got wet on one side and did not get angry at all instead I enjoyed it. I have hated getting wet since forever (Bathing time and holi excluded)

Dear readers, if I had heard of anyone doing any of the above mentioned things a few weeks ago, I would have said “baccho wali harkat hai” or “how silly was that. Grow up!” But now I realize there’s no age for doing things that you really want to do. The Kid in you wants to do a lot of things that you wouldn’t easily do. Pull open the cage of maturity and save the kid in you [:D] it keeps you happy and never satisfied with life, which I think is important to achieve something in life. It drives you crazy but in the end it’s worth it. When you meet people who react like me, then simply sing to them, Haan Haan Mai CRAZY HOON.

*Gradgrind is the central character of Charles Dickens’ Hard Times who is a follower of facts and fantasy has no place in his life.

Comments

sangeeta said…
Hi Aknakshya, I don't know about the sickness but one thing I would know being 'older' :-)
And that is, keeping alive the kid in you is the best achievement and we shouldn't ever call stupidity as kiddy behavior. Stupidity is stupidity at any age and being a child at heart is very very different...not caring about the world, being always curious about random things and always being ready to take chances with any new thing is my way of being a kid at heart. Kids don't weight things on practicality.
being crazy is another gift :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply