Skip to main content

Illuminating Realizations ;-)


I wanted my nineteenth birthday to be a really special one, one that I would remember as long as my memory lasts. Little had I known then that this day would bring me some realizations which were in front of me all the while but I simply couldn’t see them! And anyway my birthday wasn’t just special but was awesome. Why? Because of all the fun I had and the lessons I learnt.

‘I, me and myself’ are the magic words
As far as I can remember, since the beginning of 2013 I was looking forward to my birthday but I did not want to spend it just by treating the couple of people I know because it is the trend. I am a really bad planner and so I did not think of doing anything on my birthday till the last minute and even the last minute plans failed. I was left all alone on my special day. My parents weren’t around, my friends got sick and my brother was busy with his college’s film festival. I could do anything with that day, it was simply mine- the feeling was awesome. [Expressions similar to that of Harry when he says that the elder wand is his] To live a day for ME isn’t something I go looking for. I did what I wanted to, I went where I felt like, I ate what I loved, and I lived for myself without a thought to another person!

Let go of the past
I never hid the fact that I am slow at moving on. In fact I never felt like moving on from the moments that I loved in the past, the people who were involved. I wasn’t afraid of moving on but of losing people I love. I tried my best to hold on to some people but well, now I let them go because I realize that no matter how much I try, the effort needs to be two-sided.  And surprisingly, it didn’t hurt at all. May be after all the trials they had just become a mere habit of mine.


People you love make you happy

I am not sure if I am right when I say so, but yes their happiness makes you happy. It was my birthday and my brother was busy with his film festival. It hurt, it pained but in the end it was worth it. When I saw him being called on the stage with the other organizers I was on the verge of crying. I knew my brother was happy beyond words and so was I. In usual case, I would have thought that he stole my thunder but then and there all I knew was that it was ‘The Big Day’ of his life. My birthday was forgotten. The moment when I rushed on to the stage to congratulate him and he finally wished me ‘Happy Birthday’ was like the ‘THE’ moment. It couldn’t be any better 

From his blog-

“At the end of two day event when our director called us, the entire First Frame team, on stage to be applauded for the work we had done, I couldn't control my emotions. I told everyone who would listen Humne First Frame ko revive kar diya and probably there weren’t many people who could understand what this simple statement meant. Having accomplished successfully what had been my reason for joining MBICEM three years ago, having done something huge and something which nobody else had been able to do, having dared to achieve the so-called impossible- it feels great. Somehow, the feeling of being content and happy, of having accomplished something grand, fails to catch hold of me although it’s been 4 whole days since it all came to an end.” 


Need of aim in life
As I said earlier, I had been attending my brother’s college’s film festival First Frame 2013. I had seen him working madly for the event. He did not have time to talk properly for four months. No matter how much I tried to understand, in some tiny little corner I got angry. When I saw all the students involved in the festival after it ended, I could feel the hollowness in their lives. It’s been months that they had been working on one single project and now it’s over even though completely successful. At that moment I felt how important it is to have an aim, if not long term then short term. Since then I have been feeling a great hole in my life. There should be something which should be using all my energy, driving me crazy all at once. Aim is really something that makes your life worth living.


Laughter + Smile = Happiness (May be not)
I smile and laugh all the time but am I happy every time? No. Because I say no, it doesn’t mean that I fake the smile or laughter. But it’s simply not necessary to show the curve of your lips because you are happy. Sometimes the tears speak more; sometimes you don’t need a joke or a reason to smile. Sometimes you’re simply happy. Laughing and smiling is one thing and being happy is a completely different thing. You can show your teeth any time but you’re happy when you really want to be. I do not really know how to explain this but this is something I really felt.  And it’s not really great if your happiness depends on certain people but still you don’t learn everything at once 


So this is it! Midnight cake, special gestures by some people, double chocolate cake facial, the crazy stuff with people I met for the first time, the tears, First Frame 2013, my brother, the flowers, the sunroof experience in Jaguar and most importantly ‘I’ made my day expressible beyond words. This year I did live my dream on 3rd April 2013 :-)

PS- worst realization: I am an emotional person completely :-(

Comments

Antarik Anwesan said…
I like this and specially all the good things you have written about me..Haha..:D
Well it usually doesn't happen you see, enjoy while you can :P :D
Amrita said…
What a delight it is to read your blog! I am happy for you that you are satisfied at the way you "celebrated" your 19th birthday. These are valuable lessons that you have learnt...much much more valuable than any number of presents that your friends and family could have bestowed on you. whatever I have seen here as well as on Facebook, you have a very cute relationship with your brother.Touch wood:)
Thank you so much... I always look forward to your comments.. And I am not sure if the relationship is cute but I feel it's the exact way how bro-sis should be :D

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply