Skip to main content

Luv Shuv tey... Nicholas Sparks ♥

Two years and ten days ago I read 'The Notebook' for the first time and then re-read it on 14 June 2012. I did not read it again because I loved the story but because I wanted to find out why women dreamed about being with a man like Noah Calhoun. Re-reading did me no good for I still could not understand the mystery of the women's mind/heart. Anyway I came across Nicholas Sparks in April 2010 when a friend of mine suggested me to read the first book written by him, The Notebook. Neither had I had any idea about Nicholas Sparks nor what he wrote about. I asked my father to order the book online but it wasn't available in any of the sites. Even after placing an order, I had to wait for months to read it as it was being imported.I had expected it to be a huge lengthy book but it turned out to be a tiny one, given the fact that I had read the Harry Potter series recently. 

Because I ordered my first Nicholas Sparks book, my father started ordering the others too for me. At first I was like, ‘why are you ordering so many?’, and then I was like, ‘when is the next book being delivered?‘  I eventually realized that Sparks wrote only love stories and being a sixteen year old teen I became fond of them. I started with The Notebook and ended with The Guardian, in between reading all his books. Now I am waiting for his next one to be published in 2013. At times, these books were like drugs to me. I was addicted. I couldn't leave it without completing it. (Now this is true for every novel I come across) My parents knew my love for reading books (which weren't included course then, of course) and they never have stopped me but they were also furious sometimes seeing my ignorance towards studies. To me it hardly mattered. [;-)]

A walk to remember, Message in a bottle, The last song and The best of me have been in a way or other close to me for I found something similar in them to my life. But I also liked the other books. All his stories  seemed similar to me, a small town, a guy/girl with a mysterious story which slowly unravels itself towards the end changing the plot completely and the climax is always a surprise. When I was through the last page of ‘The Wedding’, all I could exclaim was, what a fool I have been all this while! And by end of ‘Message in a bottle’ I was on the verge of crying because the last letter had something which I always tried to explain others but failed. ‘Three weeks with my Brother’ made me see Nicholas not only as a writer but also as the person he actually is. ‘The last song’ was sweet, asking me to believe in God and ‘The best of me’ was just something I could never explain to myself. There’s nothing to say about ‘A walk to Remember’, in every way it makes me feel that it was written for me to read. [:P]
My Nicholas Sparks collection [:-)]

Today when I see these books in any book stores or book fairs, I smile saying, I have you all. All these books have made my life simpler, I don’t know how though. After Sparks, I did not even like Eric Sehgal’s Love Story. I think that I am biased but that’s okay I hope. In past three years I have read quite a few other authors but after Rowling, it’s Sparks I went crazy for. There are lot many stories which make more sense than love stories and I am just starting with them but love stories are simply a part of girl’s life no matter how silly it may seem to others. [;-)] I have been frequently having the thought that I am over the magic of love stories, but I know I would read every single upcoming books by Sparks. For me he is the magician.

 Some people are irritated with my having a novel and reading it all the time but with a family background as mine, one can hardly escape his love for reading- it’s in the blood. A few are even jealous that I can be alone and enjoy the time. Dear all, accept me as I am for I am never going to stop reading. It helps me enjoy myself. And if you're trying to keep me away from novels, then you're entering yourself in my 'I-dont-like-you' list. Books surely are my best friends. 

It is said, "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.”

Comments

Amrita said…
Reading books is such a joy:) I am glad that you not only enjoy reading but are actually passionate about books I can so relate to your feeling that anyone who stops me from reading instantly becomes my enemy no. 1 for that period of time :)I have not yet read any book by Nicholas Sparks yet, but since you have so strongly recommended him, I am definitely going to read his books at the first opportunity. And let me give you one suggestion....Continue to believe in Magic...all sorts of magic, even the romantic sort of magic... It happens :) Belief in Magic is the biggest source of hope and positivity ; keep it burning in your heart :)
I surely will let the magic burn in my heart then :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply