Skip to main content

As the boring soul blabbers....


November 3, 2012 – One of my childhood buddies says in a phone conversation that I have become boring and I smile admitting it. I wish I were hurt but I wasn’t. I knew exactly what he was talking about.

There’s always something wrong when a 24*7 chatter box slows down suddenly but there’s nothing wrong if the same happens over a period of time, or so I would like to think just to avoid the endless number of questions in my mind. I was the kind of girl who would never let anyone speak as long as what I want to say isn’t out of me. Today, I am the girl who wouldn’t speak even when there’s a need to speak. People who haven’t talked to me in a while and have known me since long would be shocked. It’s really hard to believe that I talk less these days but no matter what this is the truth. It’s the reality which is hard to accept even for me. It’s not only in terms of talking but also in terms of being an extrovert. Again, I used to be the girl who used to step in home because she had to and now I have numerous excuses to not to leave my room. At first I thought I was becoming lazier but now I find that I have no interest at all. If something crazy was to be done, I was always a part of it but now nothing makes me want to be crazy. Making friends wasn’t ever a tough job but now there’s hardly anyone whom I would consider friend. Why??? I am searching for the answers too.

Change of place can be a factor but it should have made me more active than lethargic because I landed up in a place where I always wanted to be. Why do I always have to respond in an opposite way? (Opposite as in the way which I think isn't normal.) Since last three months my brain has been bombarded with all types of weird questions and there is never an answer. It is said that confusion always leads to clarity and here there’s no end to confusion.  My mom says this phase is quite normal for there are a lot many changes going on in and around me. This really makes me feel better…a lot. She then adds that this period can end tomorrow or last as long as a year or at times more than that. This makes me feel worse but at least it will end.

If I were given the freedom then probably I would have ended up screaming, shouting, dancing like a duck, singing like a frog, laughing till I am in tears. I wish I could add getting drunk but then I know I won’t be able to do it… not now at least. I am so frustrated with all these changes that I would drive myself really crazy and land in a mental asylum. But somehow people here make me resist myself. I am never comfortable and that’s just because of me. Having joined the dramatics society of my college helps a lot. No matter for what reasons I am there with my low confidence level, the time spent there is the only time when I actually find myself happy. May be because I am doing something which has been on my to-do list since I was 9. I have been thinking when was the last time that I thought before doing something crazy in my friend circle back at home. The word HOME makes a hell lot of difference.

So here I am, fighting the changes in a hope to find a way out.  From chatter box to being silent, from extrovert to introvert, from sweet to rude, from interesting to boring, from all time smiley to all time angry; the one thing that remained unchanged is the confused thinking soul within me.

One thing that I would like to add:

Dear people who have known me till I turned 18, please don’t think that I am not interested in your life if I just respond by some “ohh(s)” or “hmm(s)”. I listen to you with the same interest as I always used to. I agree that I have been quite careless in taking your calls or replying your sms but that doesn’t mean that I don’t care about you anymore now that I am away from you. Please keep up with me, I’ll be back soon because I’m not loving myself now as much I used to. Of course, I miss you :P

And

Dear people who have come to know me after I turned 18, just hold on a while and hopefully you'll come across a girl you never thought I could be ;-)

PS- Dear readers, if you thought this was going to be something interesting then probably you did not read the title correctly. When a boring soul blabbers, it’s never much interesting. I am sorry to have wasted your time. But if you could suggest anything that would help me then I would really appreciate it. Anyway, Thanks for reading. :P

Comments

Amrita said…
Aww.. please don't call yourself a boring soul :) you are a very sweet person and out of at least 100 other bloggers around,you were able to make quite an impression on my mind even though we talked for just a few moments :)People do change in life. Our interests do change with the change in our circumstances and experiences. So don't expect to ALWAYS think and feel the same way :) If you are feeling introverted these days then this is your new "normal" It is not "Abnormal" in any way.If some people are unable to adjust to the new you, just give them some time. They will accept the changes in you, it might take some time though. :)Meanwhile, some NEW friends may come into your life attracted by the new "You". Cheer up and enjoy life> I am sure lots of people love you. Its a very good thing that you are into blogging.. so there is always a small window open for you. Keep writing even if you do not want to be talking face to face. I am sure this will bring you clarity :)
I am really glad to have come across you by the exchange of tables. You're so inspiring. Thank you so much Aunty. I will surely follow your words.I don't know what else to say. I sit here and smile and smile and smile while re-reading your comment. Seriously thanks a lot. I am also glad to find you at Fb :-) I hope we stay in touch via blogging .

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply