Skip to main content

Indiblogger- You made my Sunday :-)

What do you do when your roommates ask you to visit some place with them; when one of your school mates is suddenly in your city; when you have a bloggers' meet to attend on the very same day ??? I do not know what you would have chosen but I chose to be at Pantene Nature Fusion Women's Indiblogger meet on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at ITC Sheraton. Being new in the heart of India, Delhi, I wasn't sure if I could attend the meet alone. (I attended the first bloggers' meet with my brother.) I was nervous because I am not quite good at interacting with people I don't actually know but still I made my way to ITC Sheraton at 11.30AM.

I entered the hall and was greeted with the sweet smiles from the Indiblogger team. I am not sure how but yes that made me feel a bit relaxed. After registering myself I joined Aparajita, Moumita, Priyanka, Priti, Pooja; all of them attending the meet for the first time. And then the conversation followed starting from what's your name to what do you blog about and everything.

With Aparajita and Priyanka :-)

The interaction between the fellow bloggers continued and white boards were filled with graffiti even before the actual event started 

Keep Up the Good Work Indiblogger :-)
The time finally came when the event starts with Anup hosting it.

Anup from the Indiblogger team hosting the event. 
In the very beginning we had the game in which one had to save his own balloon and burst everyone else's. My balloon was burst within a few seconds of the game and I decided, if i don't win then no one else does; so I ended up chasing anyone and everyone with the balloon. 

The balloon bursting game was followed by the Mummy making game in which groups of eight were formed. one of the eight members had to be the mummy and we had to wrap her in the toilet rolls. Believe me it was the funniest thing I have done yet. Wrapping Anisha from everywhere to anywhere was so much fun and I'm not sure how much she enjoyed being wrapped up the best and yet not winning the prize. It was disappointing but then we were there for fun, weren't we? 

My team with the mummy :-)
I was called for the hair spa as soon as the '60 seconds of fame' begun in which we had to say why we blogged. I missed it but anyway, I was enjoying myself in the hair spa with the new Pantene Nature Fusion Shampoo and conditioner. The experience was amazing. A quiz about Nature and Science followed and again I had no luck with prizes. Poor me :-(

We were informed all about this new product of Pantene by Lais Koelle who worked for Pantene, a Brazilian residing in Singapore and I obviously could not miss the chance to have a photo clicked with her.
With Lais Koelle
After a tasty lunch with hot gulab jamuns and cold kulfis, we were back to play another surprise game- making bouquet and guess what?? We lost again. And believe me, no matter how much effort our team put on making it, as a customer I wouldn't have bought it. It was full of fun. Then there was a question-answer session about shampoo and hair with Lais.

Yashodhara Lal, the author of Just Married, Please excuse took on the mike, informing us about Happer Collins contest for getting published and inspiring us to get into it. And yes, I managed to get a photo with her too. 


Finally, the event ended with group photographs in which one could get a gift for making faces. Here I got one which turned out to be a roll up key board. My elder brother loved it.

How could I leave the room without having snaps with the indiblogger team?? So there I was.
From the left- Vineet, Karthik and Anup

With the indiblogger team



After collecting my Pantene kit and T-shirt which I'm yet to use, I left Hotel Sheraton at 4.45PM with the thoughts about the Sunday well spent. The one word that I would use for the day is 'AWESOMENESS.'

Seriously, where would I have been if I hadn't started writing and then blogging. Everything related to what you love gives you joy. Attending these meets gives me joy, no matter how my non-blogger friends see it. It's a bliss for me.

"Indian by Birth, Blogger by Choice."

Thank you Indiblogger and Pantene #PanteneNatureFusion

Keep Blogging !!!

Keep Smiling. :-)


Comments

Unknown said…
It was indeed a Sunday well spent...
and meeting and interacting with you just made it soo much better...:)

Aparajita
http://colorsofmylife13@blogspot.com
Shashank said…
Wish you all the best...keep up the hard wrk...cheers :)
Unknown said…
Hey Akankshya! Thanks for that lovely mention.. Glad to meet so many girl bloggers!Had a gr8 day together :)
Hey ,the events have been put up well.. especially the pics convey a lot...
U forgot me.. never mind it was fun to catch up the whole excitement there and here again..
SSU by Jiya said…
I enjoyed the meet once again by reading your post. And you did an awesome job of taking picture with everyone else. I missed it but I'd remember now...<3
Jiya
www.shoppingstylenus.com
I am really sorry for that. I just got confused with your name
Amrita said…
Akankshya, I am so pleased that you chose to come to the Meet inspite of all the misgivings and difficulties you faced. How would we have met otherwise? :)congratulations on gathering the courage to come alone. Hope all that effort was wothwhile :)
Yes it surely was worthwhile :)glad to meet u(:

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply