Skip to main content

Unique Face in the Crowd

Aimless. Confused. Crazy. Unfair-screwed up Life. First Love-The Best Relationship. Break up-The saddest story on Earth. Depression. Loneliness -The Best Friend. My story is different-The best dialogue. In the end -I'm who I'm.

Even for the shortest moment, did the thought ever cross your mind that one of the above things made you different from the people you see everyday? I guess most of people would say yes, if they answer honestly. Most of us have been through at least a few of the above situations at some point of our life. And many lucky people go through all the above situation more than once during their teenage. Honestly, I myself have been through all of them in last couple of years and I'm still facing some of them right now but the question is do they make me unique among the others around me?

During my entry into teenage, I always wished to be a normal or should I say a typical teenage girl and now I wonder what was the definition of a 'Typical Teenager' in my life then? I used to think I was someone different who did not quite fit in the crowd, someone abnormal and believe me I don't know now why I thought so then. You know teenagers are the craziest people on this world, so here is another crazy fellow whose blog you're now reading.

I don't think that there is anything abnormal when you want to make your identity in this world. Every person I meet wants to have his identity and if you ask me, I want the same. But how? 

Source- Google
There was a time when I used to think being confused is what makes me different from the people around me But was i right? Obviously NOT. Then came the time when craziness was my uniqueness. Again, was it? A big NO.  No one said life's fair- what you want and what you get are completely two different things. So there it was- I was having a completely unfair and occasionally screwed up life as if my story was the saddest story one could come across in this world. And what to speak about love and break ups- now these are everyday events. Har bande ko roz saccha pyar hota hai and roz kisi na kisi ke dil ke kamse kam 64 pieces hote hain. But obviously first love is the best story and any break up is the worst one. But would this make me or anyone unique? oh please! NO again. I say my best friend is a girl right now but there was a time when I loved the song "Loneliness knows me by name".  I made sure that this song is the 1st thing I listen as i wake up and the last thing I hear before my eyes shut down for the night. So, obviously I was the only lonely person, not in the world but obviously in my mind. And leaving the past behind, now I am aimless which, I again feel, is something hat ke from the rest of the world. Now a days whenever anyone comes up to me and says how his recent break up has been the worst thing happened to him ever; all I am able to do is stare him with the look 'You surely have never faced the situation of being aimless'.

What I realize these days is that none of the above would ever make me unique. Never ever.
“When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through.” 
-Nicholas Sparks, Dear John.
 Isn't this true? We have been so busy with our life that we have lost the vision to look beyond. Being confused is good but that doesn't mean you should not head towards clarity. Being aimless, crazy, depressed is completely normal but that does not mean that one should be the same forever. It may take time but one needs to come out of these situations. Someday I'll also come out of the aimless part and I hope the day comes in a fast forward mode.

Source- Google
So if all the above does not make you unique then what is it that would make you different? In my point of view the one who is happy and satisfied with his life but still makes efforts to prosper, one who is crazy about facing life's challenges with courage and does not go into the hibernation of life called depression every now and then, one who smiles during the miserable times, the one who knows even if life isn't much fair- it's the best teacher in the world, the one who basically knows everything's gonna be alright no matter how bad the situation is. Life is full of ups and downs but I would love to have someone around me who has been brave  enough to change his downs into ups. I have been in the company of so many souls who are full of negativity that now I think if I find a single soul with a bit of positive attitude then I would give him the award of  "Unique Face in the Crowd" and to be honest I'm really longing to meet some one who never updates his Fb status as "Life Sucks :-( ". 

So if you think your loneliness is going to make you different then it's time for you to have a change in your life. Smile. Because there aren't many people who know the art of smiling these days.(In case you want some inspiration, please watch the episode of Satyameva Jayate telecasted on June 10,2012 -many inspiring souls out there)

And in case you want to know which quality makes me unique these days, according to me, then my answer is "The realization that I'm not as unique as I thought myself to be'. ;-)


Comments

roopz said…
True... Well said

Regards
village girl
Pallabi Mishra said…
A vry nyc ntry voicing d vry feeling of evry teenager... According 2 me, teenage z d only period whch teaches us wht nt 2 b... N m proud dat my teenage hs taught me smiling, hs taught me 2 expct evrythng 2 go ryt at al tyms, hs taught me patience n courage in ugly situations n hs taught me hw 2 b successful n special... If an ocean hs no waves, mayb seashore wudnt b dat interesting... V wudnt njoy AC rooms in d absence of scorching heat... In my lyf, my teenage z indeed d best part evr as I wud rather fight wid myself n argue wid others than sit inn peace n njoy d monotonous evrythng-al-ryt situation...

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply