Skip to main content

Just The Beginning ...

"She had been having the pain in her right hand wrist which initially lasted for 1/5th of a second and as the months passed by the pain as well as the time of its existence increased. After 2 months of her initial pain in the wrist, it shifted to her elbow making it's way to the shoulder. She complained only about her right hand. She said that at times she feels something is flowing inside her hand when it aches. With the DAV Board exam of class VIII nearing, her Dad said that she's just making excuses to not study; Mom said that may be her brother had hit her someday which is now causing the pain, so her brother made sure he is not around when it pains. Her appetite was lost and her mother thought that not eating would cause gastritis. She had 2 injections on the 1st day of the year 2008 which made her think that she will be injected the whole year (She was right) She was put on pain killers but they did not help. She had to write her English Board exam with all that pain. (She thought, "Oh please! take some other part of my body but leave my right hand at least today.") Her friends said it was just a slight pain and she would get over it. It's not the same as heartbreak, some of them said and she felt like punching them on their nose but obviously, she didn't.

By April 2008, her left hand and left leg were completely affected. Though the pain still lasted for a few minutes. Suddenly, she would shout with pain and after a few minutes she would behave like nothing happened. She hadn't slept for months. She longed to sleep peacefully without the pain but the 'pain' acted as the 'dusri aurat' when it came to her relationship (with sleep). She celebrated her 14th birthday being completely pissed at everyone who smiled. She was in pain but no one understood how she felt. She had stopped writing in her Diary since Jan '08. She was always being blamed for not eating properly since her childhood days which pissed her even more. Since the 1st year of her teenage she had believed herself to be the bad girl or she wanted to be so. But a bad girl wouldn't ever have the thought that probably she  has someday given such pain to someone and is now paying for what she did. She probably wasn't that bad. Anyway back to her eating part, she vomited everything she ate. By April end she had been to an orthopedist, who took out some more X-rays and prescribed some more pain killers which were hardly of any help. She had an ultra-sonography which showed her that her kidneys were not in their typical bean-shaped structure and she had a cyst near her ovary. Then  she was sent to a nephrologist, who after prescribing some more injections and finding that it was not of any help, asked her parents to go to CMC Vellore or Apollo Chennai to have a kidney biopsy. With her limbs not working at all, she had no desire to go anywhere. No wonder she still went through quite a many blood/urine tests as prescribed by different doctors.

With her paternal family settled in Delhi, her uncle asked her father to take her to AIIMS. But at the last moment her father decided to got to Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore. I think, that was his best decision for his daughter then. So the family of four started their journey to Vellore on 19 May, 2008 but only 3 reached there. Wo oh! Wait! Don't take your imagination too far. No one died. She just had to leave her brother behind at BBSR and till today she does not know why, related to his studies and all probably.After reaching Bhubaneswar on 19th, she had her first flight journey on 20 May, 2008 (from BBSR to Bangalore) and she did not like it at all. After reaching Bangalore, she headed towards her maternal uncle's home from where she had to take a road trip to Vellore and finally she reached CMCH at night that day. Her condition was no better than before. Every part of her body was aching badly and she couldn't help herself from shouting. By now, even her parents knew something was seriously wrong with her but what??? "

This pain was just the beginning of a journey that would change her life forever. Would she be shocked to know the reason of her pain? Would she like the people she comes across? Would she realize why she was the 'chosen one' in her family? Would she be finally able to realize who really cares for her?   Would she know who her real friends are? Would she at all love this journey of her life? In the end would she be happy or regret having such a journey? 


PS- I am not sure when the next chapter of this book of life would be out. it may be late but as the saying goes 'Better late than never'. So be patient to wait and in between keep reading the other posts in this blog.

Comments

Pallabi Mishra said…
Nicely written... Waiting for next Entry...
would write it soon...thanks :-)
Pramod said…
Well begun is half done. I am still not able to trace my diary of 2008 which could be the main source of our feelings and informations.
I hope you find it out soon...
Antarik Anwesan said…
This looks like the back-cover synopsis of a suspense-full book..haha :D
Anonymous said…
very nicely exclaimed...:)
waitin 4 nxt part of it...:-/
That's how i wanted it to be...

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply