Skip to main content

Relationships- A perception


In last one year more than once I have come across the realization that no matter how much I hold back from the world, I would somehow form some kind of a relationship with people out there which I wouldn’t want to let go off. I have also realized that those people whom I want to stay by my side forever would eventually leave me and that heartbreaks are just a chapter in my life.  We meet some people, share a good time and then part away from them having nothing much to remember  but then there are some who leave their footprints in our lives. Many a times we fail to receive the lessons some people teach us before leaving because we are just too much occupied by the grief of their absence.

I see some of my friends falling in love every now and then and I have also seen them falling just too hard for someone who leaves them unexpectedly when things are just great in their relationship. I have not known their story but I have always liked to believe that it happened for the good and the reason behind it need not be known. After an unexpected break up, most of the times people live their life acting, pretending, wearing masks and losing themselves in the process and a very few revert back to who they were in the past.

People start to curse their ex for leaving them when they loved them from the core of their heart, or so they say. And I always wonder how they can hate the person whom they used to love so much. And again I think that probably hating and cursing is also a part of love and no matter how much they hate in the end they’re still in love and if not then probably they never were. When I witness people thinking about what their ex became after the break up; I think that I would remember my ex, if any, as the beautiful person I witnessed while being in a relationship instead of someone who he became after we ended as we should think of past only if it’s remembrance gives us pleasure.

Whenever my friends come up to me with their heartbreak story I don’t understand what to say as I haven’t walked in their shoes but then I think they  just want me to listen to them. Letting out the feelings is the first step to moving on, I guess. And whenever they ask what they should do, I come up with the answer “You’ve got 2 options- either you move on or get used to the pain and if you go with the former then make sure it should be a quick shower instead of a bubble bath and if you go with the latter then I would ask you to consider the 1st option. But anyway the choice is yours.” Even if I have been never satisfied with the answer but it seems to work for them in a way and sometimes starting over is exactly what a person needs.

People going through heartbreaks usually find happiness as distant and as unattainable as space travel. Most of them doubt that they would ever be fine again, but they’re not even sure if they want to be. It’s possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and in time, grief lessens. Past can always be escaped by embracing something better. And people who’ve once been in love usually find someone special again, it’s in their nature.

I’m not sure if I completely understand this love, relationship or heartbreak stuff but I think all of them together form something that we call LIFE. Life is what we make it and as far as love is concerned I would go with the famous lines from The Walk to Remember, the book/movie which always has always been close to my heart.

“Love is always kind and patient. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offence and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.”

Comments

Antarik Anwesan said…
Your writing is improving. Good. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply