Skip to main content

Painful - Was it ? ? ?


What was the first thought that struck your mind when you read the heading of this article? Did you think that this crazy girl is again with some story of her Vellore stay or some side effects story of her medicines? If you thought so then I’m really sorry to say that this has got no link with all those Vellore stuffs of mine. Really, it is about something that would not have come to your mind at all. So don't worry nothing emotional about me. 

Cedric Diggory seemed handsome enough for an 11 year old girl to have a crush on him; it’s a different thing that she barely knew what a ‘CRUSH’ is then. And obviously for such a handsome guy’s death she had to be sad. Oh yeah! This girl who was sad at Cedric’s death was me of course but I can bet that there were a million girls like me. I remember saying my brother,” Why Cedric? Voldu is bad.” But then I could not do anything, could I? So I accepted, Cedric is not going to come back. And I mean it, I was as sad as if I were Cho. So this is how the GOBLET OF FIRE ended for me, I was least concerned about Voldemort’s return.



And then comes Sirius, Sirius Black. I am still trying to figure out why I like him so much; not talking about the actor- Gary Oldman but about the character-just Sirius. On him I had no crush but I still liked him. May be whenever I thought of him, I thought myself as Harry and that’s why it was really painful to see him die with the curse “Avada Kedabra”. Believe me if I were given a chance to kill a death eater then my choice would surely have been Bellatrix Lestrange. No matter how many times I have seen THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, it still hurts to see him die. Even it pains to read it as JKR describes his death. And HP5, for me, ended with the death of one of my favorite characters death again.


As Severus uses the killing curse on ALBUS DUMBLEDORE, the greatest wizard that all of us have known, it did not hurt me much. I was not much fond of Dumbledore but I always loved his dialogs, tricky they were but that does not mean I did not like him, of course I did. As I said it did not hurt me much but it surely hurt a little. It was hard to see Harry then. So HALF-BLOOD PRINCE ended with the greatest wizard’s death, for me.


After I completed reading THE DEATHLY HALLOWS in 2 days and 2 hours in May 2010 ,(I am not a walking calendar like my brother so forgive me for not remembering the exact dates) the first thought in my mind was that may be I won’t be able to see the movie of this part. The reason is obvious. If seeing Cedric, Sirius, Dumbledore was so painful, then how it would be to see Fred, Tonks and Remus die? You may say they were not so important; they were important to me always. Yeah! Fred and George have always been my favorite and I can’t imagine the either of them alone. Tonks- I am still unraveling the mystery of liking her within me and Lupin seemed sweet to me always since his 1st look in the PRISONER OF AZKABAN. And I thought there is no way I can see them dying – no way at all. Even Hedwig’s and Mad-Eye’s death did not keep me from feeling bad.

Seeing the movie of the DH1 was not really painful but whenever I heard my brother saying about the DH2, a part of me always said “you’re not going to watch this.” And believe me I was really afraid of seeing the movie and then crying right there. But the other part of me really wanted to see the last HP movie! And anyway there would be many of us who would yell at JKR " u killed Diggory, Sirius, Albus and we accepted but why DOBBY?" When I heard this before watching the movie I thought it's just Dobby what is such a big thing to be annoyed but when I was the one seeing the movie, seeing Dobby dead and buried, believe me I wanted to shout the same "Why DObby?"

So after a long wait when finally I was seeing DH2 a few hours ago with my brother, I was thinking may be now I’m going to cry…now. . now. . now! But this now never came. I did not cry at all. It was not painful to see the dead bodies of Fred, Tonks and Lupin lying in the great hall. Really, it was not. May be because it did not show how they died, it just showed their dead bodies. And also my dearest brother made the most serious scenes funny with his unwanted commentary. 

The ‘Prince’s tale’ was the part which was painful; reading as well as seeing SNAPE’s story did hurt. It was like all my hatred for SNAPE in all the 6 parts all of a sudden turned to Respect. Not everyone can do what he did. But again, it did not develop any tears in my eyes but yes it was a tragedy have SNAPE die. And a single thought was roaming all around my mind i.e. ‘Never judge a person by what you see, in the end he may turn out to be the other way and you won’t be able to do anything then.’  

Reading the Deathly hallows was surely painful but watching its movies- was it really painful?

I thought of writing this article as soon as I saw Snape dead but the heading struck me when I saw Fred’s dead body. I was asking the same question to myself till the end of the movie and now I’m asking it to you- were you hurt?

So now you know what this heading is all about, do let me knows about your views.

Long Live JKR, who gave us a great childhood. . !

And as it is said it all ends here but for me it's just the beginning and it won't end ever. Cheers to POTTERHEADS !





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply