Skip to main content

My Walk To Remember


No matter how hot the days are in summer but the mornings are as refreshing as in any other season. The cool breeze, the rising sun, the sweet smell of the blossoming flowers, the chirruping of birds, white cranes on the green field searching for food and everything about the morning invites you in.


This summer I decided to go for a morning walk every day with my parents just to have some physical activity as it’s been a long time that I had any physical activity. Though it was completely my own decision without any pressure from anyone but still I was worried about it. My biggest dilemma was to wake up early in the morning as I am the girl who would not wake up before 10, provided vacations are going on. It’s been almost 20 days or more that I started walking but still I face a lot of problems to wake up at 5 a.m. But once I’m out of my room or rather I would say home, morning refreshes me to a great extent.


These walk which I undertake everyday reminds me to cherish my childhood to teenage memories till now. My friends and I would go cycling, playing; searching for secret isolated places in a total care free way as if having fun to the fullest extent was our first priority. And the not-so-frequently-visited road through the golf course has been our main attraction and place of our hang outs in the evenings. I don’t remember how old I was then, when I first went to that road. But I remember we went there to play ‘goal stop’, ‘hum saath saath hain’, ‘I attack you’, ‘coconut’, badminton etc; and most of the games being the inventions of our own. Then at a particular time all of us, the girls I mean, got our own cycle, mostly ‘lady Bird’, ‘miss India’, ‘Hercules’, spent most of the evening cycling. As the years passed many got into the higher classes having less time for fun and games leaving me to be among the people of my age (I was used to spend time with the ones older than me). And again the cycling season started but we were just three of same age instead of the large group ranging from the youngest to the eldest girl. And I was more interested in doing stunts than just cycling and the other two have scolded me a lot for that as there were times when I was so close to accidents but still survived. We would again enter the road through the golf course keep our cycles away and lie down on the green and brown shades of the grasses and play ‘dumbsharaas’. Even going for a morning walk was a trend one summer where again all the girls were together. At times we would go walking in the evening just to see the sunset. And when I was 15, my few classmates and I again went through the not-so-frequently-visited road for just killing sometime in the evening and those were the most memorable ones I think.


Now I miss those walk and cycling and the games a lot but more than that I miss those beautiful people who made these memories so special. I feel sad as none of them, not even a single one resides here anymore, and it’s only their memory left with me. But life is always like this, people come and go and a few leave their footprints. I don’t want to think of past or want it to be the present. I have enjoyed my childhood a lot with these people and I know I’ll be meeting many more people in future too. So here I am today cherishing these memories as I accompany my parents in their morning walks.


It’s not the walk of a bride to her groom in a wheel chair inside the church but surely it is My Walk To Remember. But apart from missing my friends I miss that person who always used to find short cuts to go back home from the long walks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply