Skip to main content

The INVISIBILITY CLOAK of LIFE . . .!


Our school shirt looks too cool with jeans...obviously denim jeans....!! Did you ever try that...ABHILASH did..!!! He looked damn good I tell you. This was in the very begining of the session when all the newcomers were really new...:P 

Swati and I were strolling in our school corridor when we saw Prabina running towards us. She was not able to speak anything clearly but we heard her say, "Abhilash...Abhilash...dub gaya". I dont know about Swati but both of us without thinking rushed to the entrance and saw Asmita and Nayak ma'am standing there. Asmita also told Abhilash drowned and now has been taken to the Burla Medical. In no time all the teachers and 11thies were at the entrance..all trying to know What happened. But there was no particular answer except Abhilash drowned. How ?? No one was sure. A few local lads told us that he went for a bath in the Mahanadi and then he drowned. They tried to save him but could not. A few others finally brought him out and he was immediately taken to the dispensary. They also told that some other boy was taking his photos.But we did not know who he was.All teachers worried. Few went to the dispensary and we were told that the situation is critical and he is being taken to Burla Medical. Mayur went with abhilash and returned and told us he was being taken to the other hospital.

I was very nervous because i had never come across such an incident. But then i thought yaar hospital liye hain to ab thik ho jaega and jab next milega mujhse to pehle 3-4 thappad lagaungi. The only discussions going on was "wo udhar gaya kyun?" "are gaya to gaya ab juz pray ki wo thik ho jaaye" Teachers made us to go back to our class. When i entered the class I saw Arpita, Gurleen, Auro crying. I was not feeling well then. Swati came to me and said "jaldi chal" i was like what happened tell me. She said that a few are telling ki He is no more. Tears rolled down my eyes but i was like kya bakwass hai? We saw Akhyansh outside the gate. He was traumatised. The expression on his face scared me.Then again after sometime we came back and every where i saw tensed and crying faces. Then Abhijeet or Gaurav i dont remeber who..but someone called and the doctor picked up the call and said he is fine. We all were a bit relieved and i thought arre hume chod k jaata kahan ye...!

Swati also called her Dad and asked him to go and look for Abhilash and keep us informed about his condition. When we were told that he was alright, at the same time Swati got a call from her Dad and he told us ki his condition is very critical and doctors are trying their best and Principal sir had fainted.Only Kavita, Swati, Sanjana and I were knowing this, others thought he is getting better. Now I was really very scared. All were praying to God and so was I. Akhyansh was in such a condition that he was not able to speak. Still when teachers asked he tried to tell the whole thing and I was not interested to know what he is saying. All I was thinking about is Ki abhilash just fight with it and come back to us and lets have the fun. Exams are over we gotta party Just come back. 

Again Swati got a call from her mother saying that he is no more but i did not believe neither she did. Kavita was crying after listening to Akhyansh. Rishav and Sagar came to school then. Actually today was not a normal school day We had bio and computer practicals. So the whole 11th was not in school. By this time Abhijeet was not in a state to control himself. It is obvious Abhilash is his brother. Again a lot of crying, now even I could see a few teachers of mine who were crying really hard. I thought it is just because He is so serious. Those who could be sent home were sent. And the rest were said to be together in a room. I took a corner seat in the back and kavita was near Abhijeet. Biswadeep came and then KT just made a nod seeing me and i was like kya??? Then all our teachers who went to the hospital returned and I did not need to ask anyone anything. Their expression said it all. But I was just not in a state to believe this but also could not control my tears.Kavita came to me telling about Abhilash. The moments which she spent with him. The taunts, the fun and masti, about how they were talking about practicals and everything. And then she said "patahai uski death tabhi ho gayi thi jab use hospital leke jaa rahe the." She said "Yaar soch agar mujhe aisa lag raha hai..mein to use bas 1 saal se janti hun to anwesha, prabina aur abhijeet to uske cousins hain...soch uske parents pe kya guajar rahi hogi...Guha ma'am bhi bahut ro rahi hain...akhyansh khud ko zimmedaar maan raha hai..kuch bhi thik nahi hai...aaj subah ktna khush tha wo..use kya malum tha..kisiko bhi kya malum tha yaar...." This was too much for me. I did not know how to react. Tears kept falling. I could not console her niether anyone else and i also did not try to console anyone. She went home and then suddenly i heard Pratikhya and Shraddha shout. Saptaparna was not showing any movements. They slapped her and put water on her. Again teachers were called. By then i think she opened her eyes. Then i was said to go home as MCL bus arrived.

On my way back I just thought of Abhilash's birthday when he brought cake and sandwiches for all. And i really loved the cake but was not able to eat the sanwiches as they were finished and he promised me that he will bring sandwiches made by him surely. If not anyday then surely on his next birthday. And then i really wanted to shout. But i did not. I could control myself somwhow till then. As i entered my block, on the 1st floor a few neighbours asked me what happened and i just could not control and rushed to my home and into my room.That was the time when i was out of control. My mom came and asked me what happened. I hugged her and kept crying. She thought i got some result may be chemistry or physics and thats why i m crying. She asked me but still i kept on crying and finally tried to tell her everything but could not. I could not tell her how i am feeling. How was the environment in school. I just could not. But she after knowing whatever i said told me that "dekho, tum to ye sab mein bahut experienced ho..tum bahut kuch jaante ho iss baare mein...doctors tried their best. uska time ho gaya tha to kaun rok pata. Tum hi to bolti ho jo hona hota hai wo hoke rehta hai and its not in our control." And i replied "mamma, but wo mera dost hai." She tried to console me. 

The point is not that how it happened or why. It is just that i realised what he means to me. How close he is to me with just a few small conversations. Not being able to bear the separation from my best buddies after my 10th i had decided i wont let anyone so close to me. And if you ask me then i dont think ever had  let anyone. Just a few hi hellos...conversations when required and nothing much. But now i realised you can not decide how to be not so close to anyone whose absence would hurt you so much. I see now Abhilash smiling like always, trying his very best to flirt with Padhy ma'am and telling me not to speak oriya because he gets headache and i am also too bad in oriya. I see him talking to Guha ma'am on our very 1st bio practical, with his headache on day of extempore competition...that was the day when  I talked to him for the 1st time...and he said me that our names meant the same and that made me happy...the time we spent during picnic...he really acting as if he is a supermodel when i asked him if i can take a picture...the exhibition time...4th sept..the song aakhon mein tera hi chehra..1st term..everything...and his expressions at every point....juz a fun loving guy. Everything reminds me of the moments we shared. The eight months with him are awesome.

Ok now I again get to know that his horoscope said that he had danger from water so he should stay away from it. I really don't wanna know how and why he was chosen. And i really dont give a damn to this horoscope stuff. He was given ARTIFICIAL RESPIRATION. When a few of my friends reached the hospital..the doctors were trying their best..pressing his chest to take out the water. Few parents were there and were really very shocked with what has happened.

I believe that in next practicals  I will see him again and we will again be nervous and would be knowing nothing about the experiments we get like today. You must be thinking I am mad but this is what i feel, I know this loving smiling ABHILASH will always be with us but with a invisibility cloak which life has put on him. 

His absence will be felt in every Class...no matter english..bio...chem..maths or nethng...his comments will be missed...he will be missed and  I think not a single one of 11th who has come to know about this is fine neither the teachers. Don't ask how it happened. I told you what i got to know but i dont say it is 100% true. There may be something else adding to this. I dont know. What I know is...he will always remain as the guy I have known and will always be loved. And also that even if Life puts an invisibility cloak on anyone, it never stops. We will never know what is planned for us...!

I want to write more though i am not a writer but i dont know what to write.

Hamesha & forever, jab tak saanson ka saath hai
Hamesha & forever, jab tak taaron ki raat hai
Hamesha & forever, tab tak teri hi baat hai
Hamesha & forever dil mein tu


today, on THE 5th Of Mrach,2011.. I came to know How much pain this SECRET INVISIBILITY CLOAK of LIFE can give us...! 

Comments

Pritesh said…
I don't know that I should do that...but girl you made me cry...
Antarik is correct saying; that u write much better than him...and I support him for this..
thanks a lot. . .
And does he really say that i'm better than him? I'm shocked. .
and please keep reading my entries...i know they are always too long...i just cant stop once i start. . but i seriously need all ur comments and advice to improve...I'm new to blogging...!

Popular posts from this blog

An Empath’s World: The House In the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

  When identity politics begins to seem overwhelming you enough to want to get away from it entirely, the go-to book is The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. It’s a go-to book on any bad day when hope seems too far away, life doesn’t make much sense, meaninglessness reigns, and peace is forgotten. To me, it was a return to the real world, a world I had shut myself away from because it seemed too cruel and hopeless to change. It was a resurrection of faith in kindness. MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT Linus Baker works as a caseworker at the Department in Charge of Magical Youth. He visits orphanages for magical children, interacts with the masters of the place, and at times, with children if needed. He files a report recommending whether the orphanage should remain as it is, or be shut down. He lives a quiet, solitary life, abides by RULES AND REGULATIONS of DICOMY. He is so good at what he does that he is selected by the Extremely Upper Management for a highly classified job – to be a ca

Leukemia... Not Just a Disease!

People who have not suffered from leukemia think it is a deadly disease, obviously they’re right and for people who come to know that they’re suffering from leukemia are most of the times devastated, provided they know what leukemia is! And as far as my reaction is concerned…well then I was not in a state of shock because then I just knew I had some kind of a problem in my blood and I did not even know leukemia is blood cancer. It was 6 months after my treatment started that I came to know what Leukemia is…Thanks to my Grandfather! Even then I wasn’t upset much, probably just a bit, as I knew I am going to be fine. For me, Leukemia was never just a disease, when I say never I mean it. It has given a meaning to my life. My stay in CMC, Vellore and my Leukemia has taught me a lot of things which some people fail to learn and realize in their life time. Here are six of my realizations:          There is no bigger exam than LIFE itself - Life is the exam where we don’t k

Why am I Single? ? ?

  Because I have built walls around my heart. So even if someone starts getting close to me they cannot penetrate through the walls as I have used Ambuja cement. [:-P] And if by any chance I get a proposal, I am angry about it. So you see, NO chance!   Because I cannot imagine falling in love, not that it is something to imagine but still ‘Me in Love' is the joke of my life and I can really laugh about it for hours. In fact I have been laughing for a long while now. [Hopeless Romantic of all times.]   Because even though it was for a short time period but I had the best relationship which had no demands, no expectations, and no complaints. When they started arising, the relationship ended. [:-P] Because I cannot tolerate any kind of dominance and the ones I see these days, ‘Why do you upload your photo on FB’ ‘Deactivate your account’ ‘You can’t talk to other guys’ ‘you can’t click a photo with them because you’re with me’ 'blah blah blah'  are simply